Draft Surveyor / Boarding Officer (Port Hedland)
Please refer to our website for further information: www.seacorp.com.au
We are seeking the services of a master mariner or marine surveyor to join our Port Hedland team.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager – Pilbara, the successful candidate will provide support to our established marine team in Port Hedland by undertaking the Draft Surveyor / Boarding Officer duties for vessels loading iron ore at Fortescue’s bulk berths.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Undertake the Draft Survey role ensuring the vessel’s compliance with all Marine Safety Regulations.
• Undertake the Boarding Officer’s role, ensuring the safe co-ordination of vessel operational requirements.
• Close liaison with vessels Master and Fortescue personnel during the loading operation.
• Preparation and issuance of relevant shipping documentation.
• Ensure all operational matters are dealt with in an appropriate and time efficient manner.
• Ensure relevant procedures, check lists and KPI’s are maintained and implemented in accordance with
• Master Mariner – Class 1 (unlimited) or a recognised qualified marine surveyor for dry bulk vessels.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong team working spirit and ability to communicate clearly.
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Flexible work hours outside normal office hours, including weekends and public holidays which will be required
to meet work commitments.
• A positive “can do” attitude.
This is a residential role in Port Hedland on a roster system of 8/4 or 7/3 days on/off which attracts a generous salary package including subsidised housing/utilities and a fully maintained motor vehicle.
If you believe you have the necessary attributes, including current Australian working rights, we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, confidential applications including a cover letter and CV should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Expressions of Interest – Marine Surveyor Positions
Seaweigh Pty Ltd is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified, experienced and competent marine surveyors to join our team. Positions are Queensland based. Candidates may be required to relocate and must undertake a pre-employment medical to establish work health and fitness. Only experienced persons considered, with preference for Master 1 or equivalent.
Marine survey experience across a range of survey categories within both dry and liquid bulk including draught survey, hold preparation, trimming, on/off hire and bunker surveys, liquid inspection, LNG and P&I surveys.
Apply with CV and other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org